Brentry Park Development Management Company Ltd (BPDMCL) is run by residents for the benefit of the residents and owners. It is a small, private company limited by guarantee and is run by Gill Brooks, Mark Canwell, Craig Wightman and Lizzie Witchard. The company was set up in 2011 as a alternative to paying high fees to an existing managing agent. So far we've been pretty successful at doing this: reducing year-on-year rent charges, introducing more efficient ways to pay and streamlining the administration for collecting charges. As a result of taking ownership for the area in which we live, we've also significantly reduced the amount of 'bad debt' around the rent charges.
The company is a registered organisation which requires us to submit annual accounts with Companies House. Our company registration number is 07149427.
Other than covering the costs associated with maintaining the Brentry Park Development, we do not draw salaries for managing the company which means that we can keep rent charges as low as possible.
The ethos of Brentry Park Development Management Company is simply to:-
- Maintain Royal Victoria Park as a great place to live.
- Maintain high standards among our properties and amenity areas.
- Use suppliers who offer competitive pricing and good quality service.
- Keep rent charges low.
BPDMCL exists for the following purposes:
1. To legally own the Amenity Land.
2. To manage the Amenity Land for the benefit of the rent charge paying freeholders and residents.
3. To ensure the good maintenance of the Amenity Areas.
4. To ensure that the Amenity Areas are in perpetuity managed for the benefit of the rent charge paying freeholders and residents of the estate.
The Role of The Directors of BPDMCL
1. To manage the Amenity Land in accordance with the purposes of BPDMCL set out above and ensure continuity of these purposes.
2. To uphold, at their sole discretion, the covenants and provisions in the TP1 that apply to the development for the benefit of all who live on the estate.
3. To ensure there will be no future change to the ownership or status of the Amenity Land without a 66% majority of the freeholders agreeing to a proposed change.
The Status of the Directors of BPDMCL
1. The Directors of BPDMCL will only ever be freeholders of property on the Estate.
2. Any change in shareholders / Directors of BPDMCL must not change the principles under which it operates today.
One of the ways to keep costs low, is to do as much of our administration online, or via email wherever possible. However, if you do need to write to us you can do so at BPDMCL, PO Box 371, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, BS9 0BH. You can also contact us via email at: email@example.com